Today our oldest invited five friends that came over today to celebrate his birthday! I had made an escape room for an event at work that was a huge success and felt inspired to share the fun with the family! Of course, my husband's assistance was needed since I was not a subject matter expert in football, the desired theme.
Here's how it went: we told the boys:
You are the managers for the Eagles in Superbowl 52. We just found out that Tom Brady deflated all the footballs and Nick Foles asked you to go back to the locker room and get a regulation football that is not deflated. You run back to the locker room and are looking for the ball when Bill Belichick, coach of the Patriots, tries to cheat again by locking you in the locker room.
Help Nick Foles and the Philadelphia Eagles make it to Superbowl 52 by
- getting the fully inflated football out of the birdcage,
- and unlocking the locker room by sliding the small silver keys under the door!
Bill Belicheck said he knew someone’s birthday was coming up soon and used the birth date (month and date) as the code for the first lock which is in a small blue bag.
That bag has some tools that will be useful to help reveal all the rest of the codes that unlock each of the locks and help you save the game and escape the locker room!
1.117 (for November 7) unlocks the first lock on a blue bag, which is hidden in a an old jewelry box. Inside the bag there are a bunch of invisible ink pens with UV lights on the tips to reveal the clues to unlock each code. There is also a paper with the “work” to unlock the code.
2. The clue asks the kids what the roman numerals are for Superbowl 52. Then they use a worksheet decoder to reveal what numbers the letters LII correspond to. 299 unlocks the next lock which is on an aqua bag.
3. Inside the aqua bag are a bunch of puzzle pieces. They have to put together the puzzle, which is this picture, which is from their locker room prior to the Bills game this season:
4. Then, the clue directs them to find the player who’s leading the prayer and that his weight unlocks the birdcage where the fully inflated ball is held. (On the roster, the kids can find out that Malcolm Jenkins weighs 204 pounds)
5. Inside the bird cage, the boys find the fully inflated ball and a final clue. There is a worksheet of football words to unscramble. The kids are directed to find the 4-letter word that unlocks the glass jar. Nick doesn’t want this to happen to him today.
6. SACK unlocks the glass jar where the keys are hidden. The kids have to slide the keys under the locker room doors to escape the room and help the Philadelphia Eagles win Superbowl 52!
Everyone had a blast!!