"...suffering is one of the universal conditions of being alive. We all suffer. We have become terribly vulnerable, not because we suffer, but because we have separated ourselves from each other." -- Rachel Naoimi Remen

Thursday, December 31, 2015

First Trimester Journals

This blog is my family story.  Through much of it, it's been a sort of therapeutic journaling for me.  Mostly I've focused on my struggles through secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage.  Since joining the adoption community, I've also shared our ups and downs with adoption.  It's been a pleasure getting to know people in this way and I'm thankful that I've also been able to encourage others through my writing. 

So, if reading about pregnancy of any sort is not why you're on this blog, please don't hesitate stop reading now.  For the next several months I'll be blogging about my current pregnancy.  I'm now in the middle of what appears to be a healthy pregnancy.  I'm joyful but anxious and would like to openly and honestly share this part of my family's story.  But, I know it will be hard for some people with ongoing infertility and empty nests to read, and you have no obligation to follow along.  It is okay. 

Before I even became pregnant, I began blogging again and just didn't publish the blogs.  There are 4.  Plus 1 sincere note that I actually published a couple of weeks ago (the day after my Christmas letters went out with the pregnancy announcement via snail mail) and I will share it again, first.  I will publish one per day, beginning tomorrow, on the blog with Facebook links, to get everyone caught up on my psyche over the past few months.  Being pregnant for the seventh time, after one healthy pregnancy, five consecutive miscarriages, and a successful adoption, is nothing like being pregnant for the first time.  That being said, it's still a beautiful privilege that I'm relishing.  So, if you're comfortable and curious, please join me on this journey and read along. 

With love and hugs ~  ME

No comments:

Post a Comment